Alzheimer’s and Memory Support in New Orleans, Louisiana…
At Poydras Home, there are two locations where residents with Alzheimer’s disease and related memory-support needs live in a familial atmosphere. Seasons at Oak House, which is part of our newly completed expansion, includes 11 memory support suites – each with a private bedroom and bathroom and a garden view. Seasons at Oak House also has its own private dining area where residents enjoy home-cooked meals in a comfortable, open kitchen design atmosphere.
Hunter House has 10 private bedrooms, each with a private bath. Hunter House also has its own private kitchen and activity area. As is the case throughout the Poydras Home community, all memory support residents are shown every compassion and given the dignity and respect they deserve.
Learn more about exemplary memory care at Poydras Home by calling 504-897-0535 or contact us online
Services & Amenities for Memory Support Residents
- Licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants on duty 24 hours a day
- Higher staff-to-resident ratio at this level of care
- Geriatric physician and psychiatrist available
- Three meals per day with individualized therapeutic diets
- Full-service housekeeping, including laundry
- Weekly outings
- Personalized programs and activities
- State-of-the-art room design and common areas
- Secure lawn and gardens with patio and walking paths
Download PDF including a comprehensive list of services and amenities.
Poydras Home also hosts a monthly Alzheimer’s Association endorsed, free of charge, caregiver support group meeting held on the second Tuesday of each month from 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. here on our campus at 5354 Magazine Street. Contact Elena Cambre at 504-897-0535 to sign up. All are welcome to share their experiences and learn strategies for success.