Poydras Home residents and their families can rest assured that we are fully prepared for emergency situations. We have a long and impeccable record of preparedness and successful response to such events.
We have taken a number of steps to ensure that everyone who lives here will be protected and safely evacuated should a weather emergency arise.
Our planning and preparation for hurricanes includes:
- Meetings at Poydras Home to inform family members of residents about every detail of the evacuation plans
- Emergency evacuation drills for residents
- Maintaining adequate supplies and equipment for prompt and safe evacuations
- Recruiting staff to be available in an emergency situation
- Well-equipped, off-site location for emergency evacuations:
Ollie Steele Burden Manor, Inc.
(Poydras Home Nursing Care Hurricane Evacuation Site)
4250 Essen Lane
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Phone: 225-926-0091 / Fax: 225-926-4937 / Website: www.ololrmc.com/olliesteele
Ingleside United Methodist Church
(Poydras Home Oak House Assisted Living Hurricane Evacuation Site)
4264 Capital Heights
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Phone: 225-344-9100 / Fax: 225-344-6866 / Website: www.inglesideumc.org
In the case of an emergency, please check our website frequently or call Poydras’ phone number, 504-897-0535. We may be busy with the care and safe evacuation of residents, but we will return your call as soon as we are able.